Though infertility is a natural condition that most times does not present any physical symptoms to help us know if one is infertile there are some obvious signs that helps us to determine if a couple is infertile or not. One such sign of infertility is the failure of a couple to conceive within a period of a years unprotected sexual intercourse. Over the years this has been used as the obvious symptom of infertility.
Nevertheless, as obvious as this may be, if you truly want to know if someone or a couple is infertile or not the best option is to go for a proper medical checkup. This may involve series of extensive examinations, physical tests and other techniques and most times may be taxing but it is better to be sure so you can take the proper remedial steps.
Besides the above, the presence of infertility sometimes produces some dramatic changes in a persons life which if carefully observed can help reveal the signs of infertility. It is important therefore that these changes or physical signs be carefully observed to determine if one is indeed infertile. Doing this is beneficial in many ways.
The following are some of the signs you should look out for to determine the presence of infertility.
1. Multiple Miscarriages It is true that the main sign of infertility is the inability of a couple to conceive, however, where the couple was able to conceive but they have experienced multiple miscarriages, this could be a sign of infertility. However, before jumping to this conclusion it will be safer to consult a physician for a further analysis of the case.
2. Absence Of Menstrual Bleeding But No Pregnancy Naturally it is expected that a woman of normal circumstances should experience her monthly periods. If however, you are experiencing the absence of menstrual bleeding yet the results of pregnancy test tells you that you are not pregnant, something might just be wrong with your reproductive system. This is definitely the sign of infertility. You should seek for medical help right away to determine the true condition.
3. Pains In The Pelvic Area A woman who is trying to get pregnant without any result should watch for any form of abnormal pain in the pelvic area. Once such pain is noticed the best thing is to disclose this to a physician. You must know that such abnormal pains may be caused by conditions like endometriosis and internal infections.
4. Basal Temperatures These are good indications that your system may be having some troubles. Abnormal rise or fall of basal body temperature is linked with hormonal imbalances that concern mostly the hormones needed for ovulation. For example, when the basal body temperature of a woman is low while undergoing the first part of her cycle that may indicate too high estrogen release in her body while if the basal body temperature at this stage is high it could be an indication of low progesterone. It is important therefore to always keep an eye of your body temperature during these periods because anovulation may be indicated through the absence of upward shifting of the basal body temperature.
5. Erectile Dysfunction This is the obvious sign of infertility in males. This condition is characterized by the inability to create erection, which may be contributed largely by the abnormalities in the blood vessels, specifically those found in the penis. Diseases and conditions like stroke, abuse of alcohol, and major problems in the circulatory system may also cause Erectile Dysfunction.
Of course, the above is simply an attempt to help you look out for the signs of infertility. Keeping an eye on these signs can save you a whole lot of heartache. But observing the signs is not enough. Help should be sought at once. There are various treatments for infertility that can be of help today. With the improvement in infertility treatment techniques overcoming the challenges of infertility is something that is becoming less challenging today. So the presence of the signs of infertility shouldn’t really be problem.